Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm going to NARS for the Diesel Electrician class.Will I be picked up by a Railroad?

I have 10 years experiance as a diesel electrician. Heavy equipment, military and civilian equipment used by the military. I have no criminal background except some driving violations (no DUIs). My main concern is not being considered a ';journeyman'; electrician. My experience has all been military or as a military contractor. In the military and its contract world no one is a journeyman. So really my question is ';What are the chances of me being picked up by a railroad as a diesel electrician if I go to NARS and with my work experiance.'; ThanksI'm going to NARS for the Diesel Electrician class.Will I be picked up by a Railroad?
With your background experience coupled with the fact that the industry is really booming right now you most likely shouldn't have a problem getting on, particularly with one of the seven major Class I railroads.I'm going to NARS for the Diesel Electrician class.Will I be picked up by a Railroad?
Sounds good unless you are 50 or older
Probably as long as you have good work referneces, be persistent and you should be willing to relocate.
go to uprr.com and click on the employment part of the web page and fill out your app. you don't need to go to NARS. or go to bnsf.com
Also submit a resume to General Electric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
fast cash