Monday, November 30, 2009

Please answer all questions below, NARS or MAC?

I am looking for something with less intensity in all of the following categories. Please mention the ';smudgyness'; of the eye shadows.


Lipstick?


Lip gloss?


Blush?


Eyeliner?


Mascara?


Eye Shadow?Please answer all questions below, NARS or MAC?
Lipstick -- MAC. MAC has a better selection, and NARS lipsticks I find to be very drying.





Lip gloss -- MAC again, better selection, less sticky, and longer lasting.





Blush -- NARS. MAC has nice blush, but NARS has amazing colors that go well with any skin tone and are well-pigmented.





Eyeliner -- MAC. Never tried NARS, but I know that MAC makes amazing eyeliners.





Mascara -- MAC, but I'd go for another brand than MAC or NARS for mascara. Try Urban Decay or Este Lauder.





Eye Shadow -- Both make fantastic eyeshadows in many, many colors. Some NARS shadows can be really glittery though, so be careful with that. Both can be smuged easily.





You mentioned you wanted less intensity, but both these brands make very pigmented products, so when shopping, test the products to make sure they aren't too intense for you (some things don't look intense in the packaging, but they are when they're on), and when you use the product, just use a small amount, because MAC and NARS make very layerable products, so you can use a very small amount or a lot for a more severe look, which is obviously not what you are looking for.





Good luck!Please answer all questions below, NARS or MAC?
My favorite brands for the following items are:





1. Lipstick= Lorac


I love Lorac's cream lipsticks. My favorite color is ';Baby Doll'; which is the best pale pink/ nude color I've ever found. I like that this lipstick doesn't dry my lips out because I have such dry lips. It also provides good coverage and lasts long unlike most others.





2. Lip Gloss= Smashbox


Their lip enhancing gloss is the best on the market. They come in three categories: True color, full color, and sheer color. Depending on what you want in a gloss, you choose from one of those categories. Full color is full coverage gloss on your lips. True color is well -true color! It looks just like it does in the tube. Sheer color is just well -sheer. It's like a tint of the color from the tube. These are extremely moisturizing and long lasting glosses. I love that with these glosses, what you see is what you get. You can never go wrong with these.





3. Blush= Nars


My favorite shade is ';Oasis'; although lots of people like ';Orgasm.'; This blush is perfect. It goes on smoothly and not ';splotchy'; like others. It's very easy to apply with little work because of the great formula.





4. Eyeliner= MAC


Honestly, I have not found my perfect pencil liner yet but the best so far has been MAC's fluidline, which is a gel liner. It's a hassle having to use it every day because it takes a little more work since I have to use a make-up brush but it stays put all day -on my waterline.





5. Mascara= YSL/ Prestige (for cheaper alternative)


The best mascara I've ever used is Yves Saint Laurent False Lash in the gold tube. I have the shortest, thinnest lashes ever and people often ask if I'm wearing fake lashes when I have this stuff on. It's lengthens, volumizes, and holds a good curl. I use NYC's $3 lash curler which for me, works better than my Shu Uemura one. My second favorite mascara is Prestige's ';My Biggest Lashes'; which is in a pink tube with black writing. This stuff measures up to the YSL, but the YSL is just slightly better. It does what the YSL will do for a cheaper price.





6. Eye Shadow= Nars %26amp; Lorac


All time favorite shadows are Nars and Lorac. They both are highly pigmented and come in the prettiest colors. I love neutrals and Lorac always has a wide variety of neutral shadows. They are super easy to blend and last a long time. For a primer, I recommend Too Faced ';Shadow Insurance.'; Urban Decay Primer Potion is good too but Primer Potion is more difficult to use due to their packaging. Too Faced is good for people with dry skin. Primer Potion is good for oily skin.





Hope this helps =)
everything Mac! I know that sounds cliche, but seriously... Mac has great quality products especially their eyeshadows are highly pigmented and awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
fast cash